Lit Review: Guide to GPL Compliance
This week we reviewed the Software Freedom Law Center Guide to GPL Compliance, written by Eben Moglen and Mishi Choudhary and published October 31, 2014.
We only read the first chapter, but it gave an overview of the different freedoms that the GPL covers.
- Gives a good overview of the freedoms
- Explains how software can become “open source”
- Covers copyright outside of the USA
- Can be very dense reading
- Uses a lot of “legalese”
- Paints a bleak picture
- How does Software as a Service affect DRM restrictions?
- How does dual licensing work?
- How does the idea of freedom of information affect privacy concerns?
Previous: Lit Review: FOSS Primer