ADVFOSS Hack Proposal 1
For Hack 1 of the ADVFOSS course, we need to have two different proposals. Both of mine are relatively simple ideas based on “replacing/enhancing web technology”
- Goal: A browser plugin that renders Markdown as HTML
- Libraries: stmd.js from CommonMark
- Distribution: the Firefox Addons site
The idea is that the addon would take any page sent using any of the MIME types
text/plain, and attempt to parse it to produce HTML that the browser user sees. (In the case of
text/plain, if rendering fails just show HTML)
BaaS - Buzzer as a Service
- Goal: A crowdsourced screen that shows the emotions in a room.
- Libraries: Some library that allows for media playing and graphics drawing. Can probably be written in Python.
- Distribution: PyPI
Create a tool that allows people to queue up “emotions”, such as annoyance, disgust, amusement, praise, etc. on a Raspberry Pi, and have the Pi display an image showing the overall mood of the room, with appropriate noises (buzzer noise for shock or disgust, for instance)
Previous: Awesome WM startup fix
Next: A Visit from Google