Lit Review: Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences
This week we read a report about Jean Tirole, the 2014 recepient of the Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences.
- Provides background about Tirole and the situation
- Breaks down the problem of independence and collusion
- Tries to make economy better for consumers (prevent collusion)
- Very dense reading for people with little economic experience
- Only one section seems to really be related to FOSS
- Mainly concerned with proprietary competition
- How does can this really be applied to FOSS?
I was having trouble reading this, about a topic I'm not very familiar with, while preparing for exams this week.
The Rating: 4/8 Stallman Beards