Lit Review: Three Agreements
This time we had to read through three documents: the iTunes TOS, the Fedora Project Contributor Agreement, and the Python Software Foundation Contributor's License Agreement.
- The iTunes TOS is thorough
- The FPCA sets a standard for developers
- The PSF CLA makes its intent clear to explicitly grant usage permission to the PSF
- The iTunes TOS is very long and dense
- FPCA shows how difficult coordination of projects with different licenses can be
- The PSF CLA severely restricts licenses - the opposite problem of the FPCA
- Why did Apple include humor in the iTunes TOS?
- How does multiply-licensing affect the FPCA?
- Is it possible for usage permission to be retracted under the PSF CLA?
The rating: 4/8 Stallman Beards