HFOSS Quiz 1
What are the titles of each Pillar?
- Open Exchange
- Rapid Prototyping
What are the titles of each General Principle?
- Make it interesting and make sure it happens
- Scratch an Itch
- Minimize how many times you have to reinvent the wheel
- Solve problems through parallel work processes whenever possible
- Leverage the law of large numbers
- Document what you do
- Release early and release often
- Talk a lot
What are the similarities between Weber's eight principles, and the five pillars?
- Weber's point 3 is similar to the first pillar, both are concerned with sharing knowledge
- Weber's points 4 and 5 are similar to the second pillar and using a community to aid growth
- Weber's point 7 is essentially the same as the third pillar
- Weber's point 2 is similar to the fourth pillar
- Weber's point 8 is about building a community, much like the fifth pillar
What are the differences?
- Weber's points don't really cover "the best idea wins", which is the general premise of the fourth pillar
- The pillars don't really discuss documenting concretely, though one could argue that that's a component of the community.
(Bonus): Whose "keen analysis" did Weber "Draw Heavily" upon?
- Eric Raymond
(Double Bonus) What was the title of this "keen analysis"?
- The Cathedral and the Bazaar
(Trible Bonus) where can this keen analysis be found?